1954 Shore Power

A Forum for for the use of Silver Streak owners, users and aficionados of these trailers and RV's. An area to exchange information and provide help with problems member may encounter.

Moderator: bharris

djeromep

1954 Shore Power

Postby djeromep » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello forum,
I have a '54 Clipper and really want to keep the original shore power electrical hook up original It has three prongs very close together. I don't know what it is called so I can get an adapter to match a regular extension cord. Anyone know?

tompatterson
Site Admin

Re: 1954 Shore Power

Postby tompatterson » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:10 am

I'm not sure you are going to find an adapter or cord that will fit. I never did. An extension cord is going to need to be fairly heavy duty, as that is a 30 amp outlet. The problem with the existing 30 amp outlet on the Clipper is that the cords apparently kept falling out.
In my case, I just bought a marine 30 amp twist lock and cord. Worked out well and the appearance is very good. I don't have a picture of the replacement handy, but will post one maybe later today, if I get to the storage yard.

djeromep

Re: 1954 Shore Power

Postby djeromep » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am

Am back to working on my Silver Streak again, 2 years later, and found this post that I had created in the first place. No I am having second thoughts as to how I want to rig everything. Am wanting to hook up solar to charge a deep cycle battery and run everything off of 12v. Question is the plugs in the trailer. Is there a way, if everything is running on 12v, to have the plugs work....they are regular household plugs. Also, there is a regular breaker box, with two breakers.....is this somehow able to be incorporated into a 12v system. I may not be asking the right questions, and realize there is no shortage of youtube videos on the topic, but wanted to create a system that is most affordable and versatile.

Return to “Silver Streak Forum”